-->Skip to main content
As part of the Carlisle based season, events are held at the Carlisle PA Fairgrounds. The first such event was “Post War ’74” and it took place on September 26, 1974. At the time, the Carlisle PA Fairgrounds were rented on an event by event basis by Bill and Chip Miller (no relation). In 1981, after renting the fairgrounds for each event, the Millers purchased the property, which then totaled 70 acres (the picture reflects the Fairgrounds in the 1980s). Subsequent acquisitions brought its total to the current 82 acres.
On property at the Carlisle Fairgrounds are two pavilions used for covered outdoor events and displays. Additionally, there are multiple indoor facilities used for activities ranging from a Kids fun to Special Displays and vendors. In addition, Building T features concessions and the Carlisle Store, where official event merchandise is made available. Building's Y and R also host special displays and/or vendors for select events, while Building Z (area under the grandstand) hosts vendors too. The Fairgrounds also welcome a number of annual third-party rental events. These events range from community and family events to club based automotive events, and more.
Along with structures within its 82-acre fence line, Carlisle Events owns multiple properties off site as well. Those properties include parcels of land in the rehabilitated and redeveloped former International Automotive Components (IAC) complex, Carlisle Expo Center, and rental properties too. Demolition on the IAC complex commenced in 2012 and since then has welcomed the construction of a hotel, residences and other mixed use commercial/residential areas. The Carlisle Expo Center features the Spring and Fall Carlisle Collector Car Auction events as well as multiple third-party rental events during Carlisle’s “off weekends.”
Book online or call (800) 216-1876